GSOC 2015 student introduction and project proposal

I am Rahul Dewangan a student at National Institute of Technology , Raipur pursuing B.tech in Information Technology third year;

I have worked on kinect { implemented SLAM on a robot that can go and explore in an event of disaster building collapse for survivors or cave explorations and military operations constructing the data received in form of a 3D map for rescuers to exactly plot a course to reach survivors on raspberry pi }
I have knowledge of computer vision ( intermediate ) ;
I have studied Electronics as hobbyist ;
I am proficient with
~ arduino
~xbee Zigbee
~ C C++
~android ADK and
~android open acessory
~processing

// I will like to propose two projects and i am interested in devlopment of libraries for arduino tre as well

1 . IN RURAL AREAS AS WELL AS POOR COUNTRIES AND IN EVENT OF DISASTERS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IS COMMUNICATION AS MOBILE TOWERS ARE UPROOTED MOBILES BECOME USELESS

I PROPOSE THAT IN SUCH A CASE USING THE WIFI OF MOBILE COMMUNICATION CAN BE DONE PROJECT PLAN
A.) BEAGLE BOARD WILL ACT AS CENTRAL SERVER THAT WILL HANDLE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS BASED ON PRIORITY AND SCHEDULING
B.) MOBILE WILL GET ACESS TO THE NETWORK THROUGH ACESS POINTS MAINLY WIFI ROUTERS THE CENTRAL NETWORK WILL BE CONSISTED OF LOCAL LAN THAT WILL ALLOW FOR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN NODES MAINLY DOCTORS AND RESCUE WORKERS IN ADVANCE PHASE I ALSO PLAN TO ROUTE THE TRAFFIC ON THIS NETWORK TO THE CENTAL COORDINATING AGENCY THAT WILL BRING THIS NETWORK TO WORLD
C.) IT CAN ALSO RESULT IN REDUCTION OF COSTS FOR COMMUNICATION IN ORGANISATIONS LIKE HOSPITALS ALSO WITH ASSURED EXPEDITED FORWARDING IN CASE OF EMERGENCY ;

AS IT ONLY NEEDS routers lan and beagle board to setup AND VOILA!!

1. KINECT AND BEAGLE BOARD CLUSTER BASED PHYSICAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT DARE SAY JARVIS!

a) implement a indoor navigation system based on RSSI values in association with localization and fingerprinting to know where exactly robot is at any moment which can be used to filter the associated response in that position based on learning by experience
b) voice input will be used to bind the robot to control units that control the mentioned device using gesture support and kinect based automation
c) the robot can follow track and respond to users activities aswell as assist him by learning etc