GSoC-Adding Sense to Beagle, My GSoC problem statement

Hello

I want to make a voice controlled embedded device working as a personal assistant to the user. Internet is a vast hub of information but sitting in front of computer and getting information is useful to only some extent,information is more useful when it can be used in day to day life. An embedded personal assistant using internet as its knowledge base to answer our queries is what we are proposing. There are a lots of services available on internet which provides exact information to the user queries rather then a bunch of
search results, using these services, this embedded device can answer to many of the user queries as a real human being. These service includes answer engines, which provides answers not the results, querying to it will give A two piece embedded device responding to user you a result or no result, means 0 or 1. These answer queries using internet as its knowledge base engines can be used in an embedded device, making them more useful for users, other services like Google maps, Google business etc provides similar results. The beauty of this project is that the usefulness of these service increases a manifold by embedding them into hardware. Its like providing the information exactly when it is needed
instead of making the getting information as a separate task. The device being a personal assistant can do a lots of things other then providing information and solving user query, it can give suggestions, it can assist in managing schedules, meeting etc. It can work as a social network device, can update twitter, facebook etc status, read out tweets, by
user voice query, making this task more obvious, then to go and type what are you doing.

The Problem Statement

Internet has grown unbound, since its emergence.And is growing continuously. The need is to use this information in a way it become more useful and easy to access. Since not all the information can be consumed sitting in front of your computer and making queries. We need to address this problem of making an intelligent device which can present to you this information when and where it is required. The problem statements hence can be framed in following words,

Problem Statement 1
“Since a bunch of online services provides solution to day to day problems like finding directions, finding cheap goods, commuting, finding right vendors, and all that in real time, using these information, right at the point we need, i.e. in market, at workplace, on way, there is a need of a device which can take our queries to the internet,makes a request to these service and get back to us with the required result ,that too without having to write,or access computers”

Problem Statement 2

“Need an embedded intelligent device,which can tap the enormous information available on internet,present in a way that can replace a human personal assistant in a super challenging way, the device should be, intuitive, energy efficient, easy to adapt, up gradable, extend-able and can be mass produced”

Problem Statement 3
Despite of large number of internet services available to solve day to day problems, these services are not of much use for visually impaired, let there be a device that can make internet queries with voice and get back with results in sound. Devices are need which can make use of map, directions, shopping services available on internet directly accessible to visually impaired without having to use computers”

Combining all these problem statements, we require a device which can replace a personal assistant, use internet as its knowledge base and do wonderful things with the power of Beagle :slight_smile:

I will use temperature sensor , GPS , GSM ,DTFM,speech recognition in my device so I would like to add it on the ‘adding sense to beagle’ . I would like to know whether anyone has ever started such a project so that i can acquire a basic idea of the path i need to trace to reach my goal .

These statements are the motive behind my idea and hence require mentors for the discussion on my proposal and guidance to unleash the power of beagle and solve the above stated problems.

waiting for great response :wink:
thanks