Have BB XM, want to browse the provided SD card in Win 7 laptop SD card slot

Have BB XM package. I want to browse the provided SD card in Win 7 SD card slot. My 1st try with Win & did not see the card when SD card was inserted to that drive. Here’s some SD background information…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd_card

I’m sure a tool exists to edit a raw SD card so if a partition was placed on the SD card. If not…

Where can I download another image and put that on the card? A disk is a disk is a disk, what’s so difficult?

Why is everyone whining it’s too hard to work with Windoze and SD cards?

What is the SD card’s format?

Is there a custom layout that is placed within a standard SD low level layout?

Do utilities exist to browse the SD card distribution on the card?

Were in the manual is the formal description of the SD format?

Cheers
John S Wolter
. My 1st try with Win & did not see the card when SD card was inserted to that drive. Here’s some SD background information…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd_card

What is the SD card’s format?

Is there a custom layout that is placed within a standard SD low level layout?

Do utilities exist to browse the SD card distribution on the card?

Were in the manual is the formal description of the SD format?

Cheers
John S Wolter

First partition is FAT. Windows 7 can read that.

Second partition is EXT3. Windows 7 cannot read EXT3. I have tried a few applications that supposedly lets Windows read the EXT3, but they never seemrd to work.

That is the reason we say to format the card using the formatting tool to wipe out the second partition that Windows cannot see. Otherwise th eimage will not fit.

http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBone#Creating_a_SD_Card

Gerald

Gerald,

Thanks for the quick reply. I plugged in the SD card to the slot which I believe from the HP factory is enabled. Nothing was showing in the Windows Exploder. I can’t remember right now if the SD card reader has to be enabled or if something else. Right now I’m learning the Windoze 7 environment.

I’ll go buy a card & use it in a camera or my old Palm T2, put a file on it, and try the HP laptop SD slot again.

I want to try the original image provided with the board or the nearest update of it. I have ways to put virtual drives using snatched images on the laptop. I’ll look for a raw disk editing tool which must exist 50 times already.

I’ll want to figure out why the original image is not working with the ext2/3 drivers packages. I have these ext2/3 drives already working with livdCDs, installed images, and running VMs. I can also read & write NTFS from LINUX using the well know ntfs-3g. The SD card FAT should read immediately. It’s likely the image is not edited correctly for ext2/3.

About the image you distribute, I’m curious how much of that image space actually is used. The same question could be asked about the FAT(-16|32?) image. I wondering about the origin of your cited image. Is it the same as the B-B distribution? If space is available then could the image be placed within the B-B approach using a FAT?

There is a reason the image does not work.

If the image is FAT and ext3 then how were they created?