HDMI/VGA adapter works with pi but not BBB

I was using an Adafruit HMDI/VGA adapter with my rpi. It worked with both of my VGA monitors. Now I am trying to use with a BBB, from Adafruit and it does not work with either monitor. One is a 20" 2000x1090 widescreen monitor that works well at widescreen resolution. Is there some secret to get this to work with the BBB? It originally comes up with the BBB logo at the top left, then goes black. Would a later Angstrom version fix this?

Jim

Definitely use the latest version. http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:Updating_The_Software

Not sure if it will fix it or not. The DRM is still a work in progress.

Gerald

BBB only supports a few resolutions, unlike the Raspi which supports many HDMI resolutions. Limits the monitors I can use as well. Video support is not a strong point of BBB :frowning:

//On Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:11:18 AM UTC+5:30, Jim Hodgers wrote:

//I was using an Adafruit HMDI/VGA adapter with my rpi. It worked with both of my VGA monitors. Now I am trying to //use with a BBB, from Adafruit and it does not work with either monitor. One is a 20" 2000x1090 widescreen monitor //that works well at widescreen resolution. Is there some secret to get this to work with the BBB? It originally comes up //with the BBB logo at the top left, then goes black. Would a later Angstrom version fix this?

//Jim

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM TODAY AS IT IS NOT SHOWING ANYTING AFTER LOGO IS UBUNTU CAN OVER COME THIS PROBLEM OR WILL IT WORK WITH HDMI TV DIRECTLY.

I was using an Adafruit HMDI/VGA adapter with my rpi. It worked with both of my VGA monitors. Now I am trying to use with a BBB, from Adafruit and it does not work with either monitor. One is a 20" 2000x1090 widescreen monitor that works well at widescreen resolution. Is there some secret to get this to work with the BBB? It originally comes up with the BBB logo at the top left, then goes black. Would a later Angstrom version fix this?

Jim

I got the problem i am using micro hdmi to hdmi converter then connecting hdmi to vga on ti this configuration is creating problem both cable working separately. so i connect BBB with micro hdmi to hdmi converter it works excelenty therfor i ordered from my kit distributor for micro to vga converter directly which support the BBB. as i had purchase my previous converter from ebay means from some another place . so doistributor i s saying we cant help in that matter. it may be some driver problem.

I had problems with HDMI on BBB until I added
options=quiet
in uEnv.txt

Sometimes the HDMI/VGA adapter requires power from the board HDMI connector is attached to. If the BBB is unable to supply the correct power or sufficient power, the adapter will not work. Some HDMI/VGA adapters use an external power source. An external power source solves some problems. The HDMI circuitry expects 5V at pin 18. I have looked at the BBB schematics and pin 18 , P6 is shown as HDMI-SDA. This seems wrong. I will pursue this further.
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_HDMI
99guspuppet