Help with Beagleboard-xM: rfs mount over nfs fails, but getting kernel over tftp works fine

I am using a Beagleboard-xM (A2) with the TI-SDK version 05.05.00.00

I’m having trouble getting the rfs to mount without getting “server not responding” errors. I mention that getting the kernel over tftp works fine because it shows that at least U-boot has a network connection to my dev PC. I’ve attached a file that includes the entire output from reset, culminating in the errors occuring shortly after the kernel finishes loading and tries to mount the filesystem. Sometimes the output varies a bit in that the mount gets a little further, but the end result is always the same: “not responding”. I don’t actually think it’s the server, though. I’ve tried setting up the nfs server on various hosts and the same thing always happens. I’m using the root filesystem provided with the TI SDK and I used their setup script to enable the nfs server on the dev PC, correctly setting /etc/exports. Below is my uEnv.txt that U-Boot grabs from my MMC:

baudrate=115200
bootcmd=if mmc rescan ${mmcdev}; then if userbutton; then setenv bootenv user.txt;fi;echo SD/MMC found on device ${mmcdev};if run loadbootenv; then echo Loaded environment from ${bootenv};run importbootenv;fi;if test -n $uenvcmd; then echo Running uenvcmd …;run uenvcmd;fi;if run loaduimage; then run mmcboot;fi;fi;
bootdelay=3
bootenv=uEnv.txt
buddy=none
camera=none
console=ttyO2,115200n8
dvimode=dvi:640x480MR-16@60
importbootenv=echo Importing environment from mmc …; env import -t $loadaddr $filesize
loadaddr=0x80200000
loadbootenv=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} ${bootenv}
loaduimage=ext2load mmc ${mmcdev}:2 ${loadaddr} /boot/uImage
loaduimagefat=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} uImage
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} ${optargs} mpurate=${mpurate} buddy=${buddy} camera=${camera} vram=${vram} omapfb.mode=${dvimode} omapdss.def_disp=${defaultdisplay} root=${mmcroot} rootfstype=${mmcrootfstype}
mmcboot=echo Booting from mmc …; run mmcargs; bootm ${loadaddr}
mmcdev=0
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
mmcrootfstype=ext3 rootwait
mpurate=auto
usbtty=cdc_acm
vram=12M
ipaddr=192.168.1.160::255.255.254.0
serverip=192.168.1.152
loadkernel=tftp ${loadaddr} ${bootfile}
nfspath=/home/rhvonlehe/ti-sdk-beagleboard-05.05.00.00/targetNFS
#nfspath=/home/rhvonlehe/targetNFS
nfsargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} ${optargs} mpurate=${mpurate} buddy=${buddy} camera=${camera} vram=${vram} omapfb.mode=${dvimode} ${omapfbopts} omapdss.def_disp=${defaultdisplay} noinitrd ip=${ipaddr} rw root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfspath}
bootfile=uImage-beagleboard.bin
uenvcmd=usb start; run loadkernel; run nfsargs; bootm ${loadaddr}

I can’t seem to attach a file without getting errors in the “post” process, so I’m in-lining the entire output:

U-Boot SPL 2012.04.01 (Jul 26 2012 - 16:23:10)
Texas Instruments Revision detection unimplemented
OMAP SD/MMC: 0
timed out in wait_for_bb: I2C_STAT=1000
reading u-boot.img
reading u-boot.img

U-Boot 2012.04.01 (Jul 26 2012 - 16:11:15)

OMAP3630/3730-GP ES1.0, CPU-OPP2, L3-165MHz, Max CPU Clock 1 Ghz
OMAP3 Beagle board + LPDDR/NAND
I2C: ready
DRAM: 512 MiB
NAND: 0 MiB
MMC: OMAP SD/MMC: 0
*** Warning - readenv() failed, using default environment

In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Beagle xM Rev A
No EEPROM on expansion board
Die ID #4b300000061000000156166b0a031019
Net: Net Initialization Skipped
No ethernet found.
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
gpio: pin 173 (gpio 173) value is 0
gpio: pin 4 (gpio 4) value is 0
SD/MMC found on device 0
reading uEnv.txt

1662 bytes read
Loaded environment from uEnv.txt
Importing environment from mmc …
Running uenvcmd …
(Re)start USB…
USB: Register 1313 NbrPorts 3
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices… 3 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus for storage devices… 0 Storage Device(s) found
scanning bus for ethernet devices… 1 Ethernet Device(s) found
Waiting for Ethernet connection… done.
Using sms0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.152; our IP address is 192.168.1.160
Filename ‘uImage-beagleboard.bin’.
Load address: 0x80200000
Loading: T #################################################################

can you mount 192.168.1.152 from a different PC, not Beagle?

Sorry for the late reply. I am able to successfully mount the nfs share on a completely different linux machine from the nfs server. I had momentarily thought that the hosts.allow or hosts.deny files were messing things up, but as I understand if they are both blank (and mine are) the server allows anyone to connect.