How to build ffmpeg for arm

I have an arm cross compiler on my ubuntu machine and tried to build ffmeg libraries for arm but got the following error

<br><br><br>cd ffmpeg-2.5<br>./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf <br>Unknown option "--host=arm-linux-gnueabihf"<br><br><br><br>

I did read the ./configure --help file and there is an option “–arch=ARCH” but im not sure how to set this or if its the correct option. thanks! |
|

I dunno, but I think life would be easier if you just used Arch Linux. It may be the most popular, but Ubuntu isn’t the best out there.

I second that use ALARM if you need up to date features in your software and dont want to have to deal with installing or “upgrading” to a new release install once be done. Always up to date, the benefits only grow the more you get into using them. ALARM is as stable or even more so than Ubuntu/Debian and you dont get all the BS layers and cruft and their developers deciding what you should run on boot and all that fun stuff. If you are use to Ubuntu be prepared for a shock and read the arch linux wiki. 99.99999999999999999999999999% of what you need is there.

http://derekmolloy.ie/building-ffmpeg-for-beaglebone-from-source/

Or why waste your time compiling current software when you can just use an OS that by default will always give you the most recent versions.

​Don has a good point…

Trust me, even if you finished compilation of ffmpg, other packages that depend on ffpmg backend are really hard to build. It is a dependency cluster; dont try if you dont know what to do,

But back to your question; ** hint hint, install the cross compiler first **