How to collect more logging

I am having trouble with USB, but I have exhausted all the logging I can find in the uBoot (dmesg).
I have a suspicion that some background process is doing something at exactly 10 minutes after boot - so I want to figure out what that could be.

Firstly, where are all the places that I can find logging on the system? I am currently only aware of using dmesg.
Secondly, how do I increase the verbosity level for these logging subsystems to include debug level messages, rather than just info/warn/error etc?

Thank you very much,

Adam

#dmsg is only for linux kernel printk

syslog() and other api in libc will be application print function

try cat /var/log/messages

and “pstree” will be useful

I am having trouble with USB, but I have exhausted all the logging I can find in the uBoot (dmesg).

If you are running Angstrom, use journalctl. This is the systemd log viewer. You can customize logs in /etc/systemd/journald.conf.

I have a suspicion that some background process is doing something at exactly 10 minutes after boot - so I want to figure out what that could be.

I believe that the CPU frequency is set to ondemand 10 minutes after startup. Try disabling cpu-ondemand.timer.

Hi David,

Fantastic - thanks for that help. Yes I am using Angstrom - and the power profile was the problem.
For some reason, the camera driver fails to detect the sensor type if the BBB is set to the performance profile (1Ghz). If I set it t ondemand, I am able to reload the driver, and it successfully detects the camera. My full explanation is here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/beagleboard&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&showtabs=true&hideforumtitle=true&parenturl=http%3A%2F%2Fbeagleboard.org%2FCommunity%2FForums#!category-topic/beagleboard/beaglebone-black/Y_FDTVI4TrY

Can I ask…

how do I change the default boot cpu governor profile?
Ideally, I need the CPU set to ondemand (or just any lower CPU clock speed) before my USB device drivers are initialized, otherwise the driver fails to initialize the USB camera.

I could just have a script run AFTER everything has initialized and failed, but it would be much cleaner for the USB initialize not to fail in the first place… and from what I can see, this just means booting the CPU into a lower CPU speed…

Thanks!!