How to disable auto loading of virtual capes (emmc/video/wireless/adc) in Bookworm Snapshot

I notice that there is a new uEnv.txt U-boot partitioning layout 2.0 in Bookworm Snapshot 2023-10-07. In the older images, I was able to speed up the boot process by disabling all virtual capes (video/wireless/adc). I also was able to disable PRU autoloading, but it seems that this is not possible now. Is there a way to disable PRU, video etc. somehow? I have tried to add this conditions manually, but without effect. How to selectively add only needed functionality and thus speed up the boot process, and remove necessary power expensive functionality such as HDMI?

Hi @koleto /boot/uEnv.txt should be very similar, the pru option isn’t there anymore, as we load remoteproc by default, but the uio_pruss overlay will correctly disable remoteproc and enable uio…

All the same disables will work for hdmi/etc…

One trick for always disabling hdmi, just force it to be a BeagleBone Green Device tree… with the dtb= parameter…

Regards,

Hi @RobertCNelson, thanks for the prompt replay! I misread the missing disable virtual capes settings for (emmc/video/wireless/adc). This seems to work perfectly! So I tried to set the RPU cape

###Overide capes with eeprom
uboot_overlay_addr0=/boot/dtbs/5.10.168-ti-r72/overlays/AM335X-PRU-UIO-00A0.dtbo
#uboot_overlay_addr1=<file1>.dtbo

and then to disable it from being loaded with:

###Debug: disable uboot autoload of Cape
disable_uboot_overlay_addr0=1

but no luck I still get:

cat /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteproc0/state
running

But I am not sure if this is what you suggested?

Regards,

Just use:

uboot_overlay_pru=AM335X-PRU-UIO-00A0.dtbo
debian@26-am335x-bbg:~$ cat /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteproc0/firmware 
am335x-pm-firmware.elf

That’s the power management m3…

Regards,

Thanks a lot. I learn something new every time I do another post.

Best Regards!