How to force boot from SD Card??

OK, first let me apologize if this has been answered several times before.

I have a stripped beaglebone black that boots from SD card. When I mean stripped it does NOT have eMMC, USB Client, reset button, HDMI Framer, boot button, micro HDMI, USB Host and more missing. Like I said it boots from SD card. It is running Angstrom GNU/Linux v2013.06 (Core edition) version 3.8.13

So I have another Full blown BBB with nothing missing. It is running Angstrom GNU/Linux version 3.8.13-00726-gbe46145-dirty from the eMMC.

What I want to do is take the SD card from the stripped BBB and boot from it in the Full BBB, When I try this, it still boots from the eMMC and not the SD card.

Any suggestions/Ideas to try?? Thanks

Push and hold the "boot" button before you apply power..

Regards,

Great, thank you. Anyway to make that a permanent solution?

Option a:
erase eMMC

Option b:
understand eMMC's u-boot..

https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-DealingwitholdBootloaderineMMC

Regards,

If the eMMC is not there, it should boot from the SD card by default, assuming you have left all the boot resistors in their default configuration…

Gerald

Thanks

Or if you are a hardware guy and you can work with small SMD components, you can also change the SYS_BOOT configuration as shown on Page 6 of the BBB schematics. In essence, move R68 to R93. This will be the equivalent to pressing the boot button.

Regards,
John

OK, this sure looks easy, but I know I have trying to skip a couple steps or maybe not at all because it does not work for me.

I took an image of my SD card that was running in the BBB without eMMC.
I took that image and tried to use it to write to the eMMC, but it did not work.
Here is the guide:
http://elinux.org/BeagleBone_Black_Extracting_eMMC_contents

If I am missing a simple step please let me know,

(I have tried to delete or rename the MLO file so this will auto boot from SD, but when I boot by connecting to the micro usb no media drive shows up)
Or any simple way to delete the eMMC?