I had a case designed to hold the BeagleBone Black, and the 4D systems 4.3" LCD screen. Here's a lin

I needed a case designed to hold the BeagleBone Black and 4D Systems 4.3" LCD Touchscreen. It is designed to sit on a desk and have the screen angled towards the user. This was one of the prototypes. I went with a different design than this, so I figured I would release this one to the public if anyone wants it.

It was designed by a member of Reddit /u/ubermeisters, a moderator on /r/3dprinting. He is a talented designer, and charges a very reasonable price. If you need something designed, I can highly recommend him.

Anyway, here are some renders of the design:

BeagleBone Black & 4D Systems LCD

Just some things you need to be aware of. This case requires a low profile power adapter, and a small wifi adapter. This is what I’ll be using:

Edimax EW-7811Un
Winford Engineering

The case is held together by press-in screw inserts, which you will probably have to glue in. You’ll then need screws for it. Just an FYI, part of the reason I didn’t go with this design is because I could only find these inserts in bulk quantities.

Yardley Press-in Screw Inserts
M3x.5x10mm Screws

The power cord will fit through the hole in the back.

You can have it printed on http://www.makexyz.com/ for ~$30-$50 depending on the person you use, and if they’re local or not, as well as any other 3D printing services.

Anyway, here are the files if you want them:

BeagleBone Black & 4D LCD Case

That is a nice little setup! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have one of the CircuitCo 4.3 LCD capes and never found a good case to mount it in, but luckily, the project never evolved to that point.

I’d probably want something a little bigger in order to have more room inside for stuff, and to make it more sturdy.

JimE

That looks great. I probably want to add an opening to access the USB.
Do you know if this design can be modified?
Also, how much would a design like this typically cost?

Thanks for sharing.