i2c-tools on BB

Hi,

I am having problems with getting I2C2 working on my BB. I tried its functionality by calling one custom program that I have obtained from my colleague , and all the time I thought that my problem was of hardware nature but now I am not so sure… So I have red that there is one simple program called “i2c-tools”. I downloaded it on my desktop computer but now I don’t know how to get this program to work on my BB with Angstrom Custom Linux distribution.

Any help will be appreciated…

P.S. I use level translator with internal pull-ups on expansion connector, I have configured menuconfig so that I2C is checked, I have configured MUX pins so that I2C2 pins are enabled, I have enabled I2C2 to work with 100kHz speed. On BB, when i type: dmesg | grep i2c" I get I2C2 listed. It is also listed on my /dev directory… So, that’s way I started to ask myself that maybe the problem lies in Software. When I call my program it shows: “Remote I/O problem”… I think that I don’t have timing issues with my I2C2…

Thanks!

In Ubuntu you can try:
sudo apt-get install i2c-tools

In Angstrom you can try:
opkg install i2c-toos

Sorry a typo in Angstrom:

In Ubuntu you can try:
sudo apt-get install i2c-tools

In Angstrom you can try:
opkg install i2c-tools

Thank You mrne fr Your answer!

I forgot to mention that my BB isn’t on LAN, so I don’t have access to internet with my BB. Is there any other way to do the same thing. Can I download it to my desktop computer, and then install it on my BB?