Ideas and root:root on /dev/bone/

Hello,

I was researching how to use Linux. Fine and dandy but there is something going on w/ the /dev/bone/* files.

I am stuck w/ root:root permission and even w/ chown commands, I am stuck w/out use of my i2c-dev bus workings.

I looked through some files w/ ls -l and looked at /etc/udev/rules.d/* but could not come to a conclusion. Is anyone else having trouble w/ python3? Is there a udev rule to handle non-root permissions w/in the current kernel and images from this forums?

The thing w/ the Python3 files is that I have to actually type out the command python3.

So, instead of ./My_File.py, I have to type out python3 My_File.py.

Seth

P.S. I am just wondering… I was trying to get some Capes working that were not listed in the current files in BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees for 5.10.x-ti-unified.

update w/ more data

-bash: ./pwmsTwo.py: /usr/bin/python3^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

debian@BeagleBone:~/ServoCape$ python3 pwmsTwo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/debian/ServoCape/pwmsTwo.py", line 9, in <module>
    servos = ServoCtrl("/dev/bone/i2c/2", 0x7f, 50)
  File "/home/debian/ServoCape/Servo.py", line 21, in __init__
    self.pwm_controller = PCA9685(bus, addr)
  File "/home/debian/ServoCape/PCA96xx.py", line 19, in __init__
    self.write_reg(Mode1, AUTO_INC)
  File "/home/debian/ServoCape/PCA96xx.py", line 27, in write_reg
    return self.write_regs(reg, [value])
  File "/home/debian/ServoCape/PCA96xx.py", line 36, in write_regs
    return self.bus.write_i2c_block_data(self.addr, reg, values)
  File "/home/debian/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/smbus2/smbus2.py", line 643, in write_i2c_block_data
    ioctl(self.fd, I2C_SMBUS, msg)
OSError: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy

Linux BeagleBone 5.10.168-ti-r73 #1bullseye SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 29 00:30:50 UTC 2023 armv7l GNU/Linux
BeagleBoard.org Debian Bullseye Minimal Image 2023-10-07