slow using software rendering under X in 24bpp mode. I couldn’t
get it to run in 16bpp mode; it displayed this error:
Cant find EGLConfig, returning null config
Unable to find an X11 visual which matches EGL config 0
Could not initialize OpenGL
It worked ok in fullscreen mode (EGLFS) after installing the
drivers.

Hi Juozapas ,

I’m really excited to see that you can get the OpenGL ES working on the beagleboneblack.
I have a beagleboneblack connected to a LCD touch panel and I have the SGX modules installed(followed instructins from Robert nelson’s page).
I’m trying to run QT dashboard example project. But the program errors out with the message that the
program : Could not initialize egl display. I could not find answers related to this issue.

Did you happen to come across similar issue? I would appreciate if you can share some information.

Thanks,
Murali

Hi, Murali,

As I wrote in my instructions, there is only one way to run a Qt Quick 2 application directly on BeagleBone Black. Namely as a single fullscreen application using the EGLFS platform. So make sure the graphical environment is not started (no X or Wayland), and run this in a console:

$ export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs

$ export QT_QPA_EVDEV_KEYBOARD_PARAMETERS=“grab=1”
$ export QT_QPA_EVDEV_MOUSE_PARAMETERS=“grab=1”

$ /path/to/the/dashboard/example

If this doesn’t work, your OpenGL ES drivers are probably not installed correctly and you should try following my instructions to install them.

Hi Juozapas:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have been cross compiling widget based applications with LinuxFB for the BeagleBone and I would like to switch to Qt Quick2. I am guessing that since you got Qt Quick to run on the BBB you may also know how to compile Qt Quick.

So far, whenever I compile for eglfs I get an error message along the lines: “openGL is not configured or available for this platform”. I have googled around and I have people reporting the same issue, though I have yet to find a solution for this.

Would it be possible for you to share how you got to compile Qt with Qt Quick and eglfs?

Regards,
JS