Interface eth0 disappeared

Hi,

my BBB worked just fine using the cable interface eth0 - until I tried to get a Belkin USB-wlan working as well. The result was catastrophic: Wlan didn’t work, but now my eth0 interface is gone as well! A directory /var/lib/connman/ethernet_…_cable exists, but /usr/lib/connman/test/get-services reports nothing. After setting up eth0 manually using ifconfig with a static IP, the interface appears to exist, but I can’t reach any other system.

Does anybody know how to get eth0 over cable working again without re-flashing the system? Any help is much appreciated!

Regards, Bernd

I’m baffled. I powered the BBB off, let it sleep for 30 min., did a fresh boot - and there the interface is again! Can anybody explain why? Never seen such a behavior with other Linuxes…

I'm baffled. I powered the BBB off, let it sleep for 30 min., did a fresh boot - and there the interface is again! Can anybody explain why? Never seen such a behavior with other Linuxes...

I have seen the PHY chip on the BBB get into a state that only a power down or hard reset will fix. A soft reset/reboot does not fix the problem.As the reset pin on the PHY is not software accessible, I see no software fix.

Dave.