Interrupt Handling in BeagleBoard xM with angstrom

Hi all,

I needed to code an application in C which receives and processes GPIO interrupts on BB xM.
I cannot use a polling scheme. I found how to configure and use GPIO’s and enable interrupts to the Processor
But I cannot find a sample code that shows something.
In linux , I found that this can be done using functions provided by ‘linux/interrupt.h’.However I could not find this header in
/usr/include/

Could someone help me with a basic interrupt service routine on BeagleBoard ?
I would like to directly configure the GPIO’s (can do that) than using the export method

Regards
Jude

Hi all,

I needed to code an application in C which receives and processes GPIO interrupts on BB xM.
I cannot use a polling scheme. I found how to configure and use GPIO’s and enable interrupts to the Processor
But I cannot find a sample code that shows something.
In linux , I found that this can be done using functions provided by ‘linux/interrupt.h’.However I could not find this header in
/usr/include/

Could someone help me with a basic interrupt service routine on BeagleBoard ?
I would like to directly configure the GPIO’s (can do that) than using the export method

Hi Jude,

You are confusing user space code with kernel space code. You will find interrupt.h in /include/linux when looking at the Linux kernel code. You will want to create a GPIO device driver which will setup code to capture GPIO interrupts. Not sure what you want to do once the interrupt is generated.

Regards,
John