Is a beagle for me?

I am new to the SBC scene really, I have already got a Cubieboard2 and a RPi B+ but is a beagle worth adding to my collection?

I am looking at the beagle for a programming machine for python, I am going to setup my RPi as a console and my CB2 as a media machine, but would a beagle meet my requirements for programming?

I am looking at the 4GB version

Sorry if its short I don’t really know what to ask about beagles.

Thanks!

Beagle works out of the box and is more powerful than the pi. That’s reason enough to get one

I am new to the SBC scene really, I have already got a Cubieboard2 and a RPi B+ but is a beagle worth adding to my collection?

I am looking at the beagle for a programming machine for python, I am going to setup my RPi as a console and my CB2 as a media machine, but would a beagle meet my requirements for programming?

I am looking at the 4GB version

Sorry if its short I don’t really know what to ask about beagles.

Thanks!

Define “programming machine”. Headless ? e.g. no monitor ?

Really, the beaglebone’s strength is abundance of good IO. It also has a unique peripheral known as a PRU( actually two ), or programmable real time unit, which no other company can claim - PRU is exclusive to TI processors.

To answer your question though. Yes, the beaglebone black will work fine. Do note however that the eMMC is flash media. So constant writes to the eMMC probably would not be a good idea.