Is there USB MIDI Support available for the BeagleBone Black?

I’m looking for an embedded platform that can function as a USB class compliant MIDI device. I’ve used the Raspberry Pi, but the USB ports are master only. I need a Type A (Slave) implementation. It needs to be recognized as a MIDI device by the host system’s OS.

Is the BeagleBone Black capable of this? I have read that it can function as a USB slave, but I didn’t find anything about a USB class compliant MIDI implementation.

I have no hands on with this personally however a quick google search for “Debian USB MIDI” resulted in: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Manuals/Rosegarden/Setup

So then searching my own Beaglebone Black to see if the packages mentioned on that page existed for Debian( ARM ) . . .

$ sudo apt-cache search rosegarden
[sudo] password for william:
rosegarden - music editor and MIDI/audio sequencer
rosegarden-dbg - Debugging symbols for Rosegarden
$ sudo apt-cache search jackd
jackd1 - JACK Audio Connection Kit (server and example clients)
jackd - JACK Audio Connection Kit (default server package)
jackd2 - JACK Audio Connection Kit (server and example clients)
libjack-jackd2-0 - JACK Audio Connection Kit (libraries)
libjack-jackd2-dev - JACK Audio Connection Kit (development files)
pulseaudio-module-jack - jackd modules for PulseAudio sound server
pulseaudio-module-jack-dbg - jackd modules for PulseAudio sound server (debugging symbols)
tuxguitar-jack - tuxguitar plugin for sound playback using JACKD

So keeping in mind that I have no idea how well these packages will run on the Beaglebone Black. Everything seems to exist. Unless there is something not mentioned and I am unaware of. This should give you something to look into anyway. I think it is a positive that the device they recommend needs no drivers . . .