Job Requisition: Junior/Mid-level embedded developer

Greetings -

I was active on this board about 9 months ago and then switched to a different project. Now I’m on a relatively new project using the BBB mounted on a custom PCB. My company is looking for one or two junior or mid-level embedded developers to support and extend the product. We are in the early phase of stabilizing the current system for reliability and fault management. In the future we will be a implementing a distributed architecture where the BBB manages a set of 8/16-bit controllers on some kind of serial bus.

Requirements include

• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years development experience.

• Strong C/C++ and javascript coding skills in a Linux environment.

• Experience with single-board computers using 8, 16 and 32bit microprocessors (the 32bit processor is the BBB)

• Some experience with interpreted languages like PHP and Python.

• Familiarity with the Linux kernel core and modules.

• Familiarity with current development tools including Git, Jira Issue Tracker, Google docs, etc.

• Familiarity with communication protocols including Secure Shell, Ethernet, Wifi and serial protocols.

Additional information:

• Offices will be near Dulles, Northern VA. We plan to telecommute a good deal once the engineer and field support teams are stable.
  • Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options.
  • Full benefit package including medical, 401k, vacation and sick days.

Please send resume to me at dturvene at gmail.com There is also a small finders fee if you refer someone that we hire.

Dave Turvene