LCD/Touch Screen Interface

Everyone,

I am pleased to finally announce that the LCD and Touchscreen interface board/kit that we have been working on has just been released for fabrication.

The initial unit targets Display Tech's 7" 800x480 WVGA TFT with or without touchscreen. This has been fully tested in-house, will be released with a full patch-set for software support, and will be carried through Display Tech and their distributors.

I expect initial PCB's to be received within two weeks with units available from the distributors a week or so later (patch sets will be released to coincide with the boards availability).

Display Tech's entire line of LCD's will ultimately be supported through this interface with the addition of LCD-specific adapter boards.

I know that preparing the design for release has really dragged on for a long time. Problems with LCD availability, changing interfaces (because of changing LCDs), and other issues really stretched this out. However, I am very happy with the result and I think that the community will be please with the design as well.

-Keith

Hello Keith,

Leon,

Here is the LCD company's URL for their TFT displays. The 7" TFT is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.displaytech-us.com/products/tftmodules.php

I've been told that the LCD interface/kit will make it into Mouser within a couple of weeks. I expect that Display Tech will be doing a formal press release in the next day or so.

I pulled the information on the kit from my website until it is determined who is going to provide official on-going support for the design. I will post back either a link to my website or where to find the information on Display Tech's site when that determination is made.

I hope this helps.

Keith