Linux DVSDK Software release for OMAP3530 (includes Graphics SDK)

FYI…

Excerpt from the announcement

“Please note that this DVSDK release is of BETA quality. The production (GA) version of the DVSDK is targeted for early 3Q09. However, the following components included in this release are of Production Quality:

• All the above Codecs, except H.264 BP Encoder
  • Codec Engine
  • DSP Link
  • Framework Components
  • LPM
  • PSP

TI is in the process of creating an easier and faster download experience for our customers by removing many EVM registration restrictions. Thus, TI will be moving away from using the TI extranet for software downloads. Some software components such as the MP3 and WMA decoders and the graphics SDK will still require registration information to satisfy export control and reporting obligations so instructions on how to obtain these software components are included on the DVSDK download webpage. For more information and to download DVSDK 3.0, click here:

http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/S1SDKLNX/DVSDK_OMAP3530/index_FDS.html

Hi,

I am very glad that we can use some new features of the released
DVSDK. As I read the release infomation page on TI, I learned that
it's aimed for omap35x chips or EVM developers. So, could we use the
PSP for EVM on the beagleboard, can i configure PSP for beagleboard,
can it run well without any problem on beagleboard?

thanks

This kernel is not validated on beagleboard and hence not guaranteed to work. But you can find the patch set over linux-omap if interested in adding specific functionality of your interest for eg:- V4L2 support in DSS2

Regards,
Pratheesh

Hi,
       And what about the other features include in DVSDK? such as
MAP35x Graphics SDK and Demos , Dsplink. however, it should only
(maybe not) be builded against the PSP provided by TI. Could we use
DSPlink modules and SGX modules on the beagleboard for the same kernel
version as PSP?

I think, It is not that easy things to do, do I need to hack or
do extral things to its sources? if it is, what things should we do in
order to use DVSDK some released features on Beagleboard?

very appreciate your help.

thanks

From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Favor Tang
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:47 PM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: [beagleboard] Re: Linux DVSDK Software release for OMAP3530
(includes Graphics SDK)

Hi,
       And what about the other features include in DVSDK? such as
MAP35x Graphics SDK and Demos , Dsplink. however, it should only
(maybe not) be builded against the PSP provided by TI. Could we use
DSPlink modules and SGX modules on the beagleboard for the same kernel
version as PSP?

No - these are built and tested against OE kernel as well. After all these kernels are based on linux-omap...

I think, It is not that easy things to do, do I need to hack or
do extral things to its sources? if it is, what things should we do in
order to use DVSDK some released features on Beagleboard?

very appreciate your help.

I personally prefer and use OE for doing this - it has good support for SGX and DSP and other distros such as ubuntu was able to take patches from OE to make the same work. This is a choice individual needs to make based on their preferences and requirements.

Regards,
Pratheesh

Hi,

I too want to use OMAP35xx SDK (ti-dvsdk_omap3530-evm_4_01_00_09) version for Beagle Board which has OMAP 3530 processor. I could not find any information related to this in TI Sources or other websites.
I would like to flash the boot image on to the Beagleboard, but before that I wanted to confirm whether such a thing works. Because, from the documentation, TI is referring to OMAP35xx EVM which is quite different from Beagleboard.

Also, can you please throw some light on ARM Tool chains available and the corresponding architectures they support. As far as I know, one is ‘V5TE’ architecture which is implemented by GCArm Tools, while uCLibc & MVArm9 are based on some other architecture which I am not sure of.

Regards,
Vinay Kumar.