Load overlay at boot

Hello,
I’ve got a new BeagleBone black, rev. C, and i flashed it with Debian 8.3. It works fine, but looking around I noticed it loads the cape-universaln overlay (I looked in sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots), but in /boot/uEnv.txt is says it has to load cape-universal. I know the difference between them (audio), but I cant find where it says it has to load the cape-universaln.
It is, somehow, speciffied in am335x_evm.sh? if so, can it be changed?
I have tried to make a custom overlay, setting P9_14 as output, but I cannot put it in slots, because is in conflict with the loaded cape. I can modify the source file for cape-universaln, compile and repalce the dtbo, but I dont like the idea so much, so now I am stuck at wondering where are those overlays loaded, and how can i avoid conflicts.

Putting it to /etc/default/capemgr makes slots showing that my overlay has been loaded (also in dmesg), but it has replaced the cape-universaln, and all the gpios in sys/class/gpio are gone (they are not defined in my overlay) and replaced with gpiochip0, 32, 64 and 96.

I dont want to change all the pins, I just want to make P9_14 an output, at boot, so I can use it without setting it every time (and wihout root). How can I do that.
Also,echo it to export say permission denied (as root).

Thank you

https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/beaglebone-universal-io

See the help for config-pin. You can create a file and run config-pin with -f option using your .profile.
I can’t tell you how to get this done outside of root, however, I believe it is possible.