meta-ti

Hi @kemo_2001 and thank you for the answer.

my experience with meta-ti was extremely unpleasant and had many more issues later with adding some packages, I can live without RTU and cape support.

I also do not need these. My aim when going with meta-ti was simply because I assumed (maybe incorrectly as I am learning all the time) that this BSP would be better prepared for the BBB. In my project I need PRU support, and I have seen that it is within the meta-ti.

but is that only it?

No idea really.

does using meta-yocto-bsp give many compromises or is fine?

So far I haven’t decided on whether to use meta-yocto-bsp or meta-ti yet. I started off on Dunfell, and It feels that things were working a lot better there with meta-ti, but I was not able to get my custom DTS working (as I have discussed here in this lengthy topic):

Only after switching to Kirkstone, the DTS started to work on meta-ti.

btw I also get your exact kworker error and I have to restart until it goes away.

This is good to hear that I am not mad and this BSP is broken. Like said, this did not happen on Dunfell. But because of this problem + slow boot related to some I2C devices probing on bus 2 (which is always timing out) I decided to test meta-yocto-bsp.

in here there is no kworker issue or boot i2c probing (although i2c 2 is timing out when used with i2cdetect), but my custom overlay cannot be loaded anymore!

The other problem with meta-ti is that the boot partition cannot be mounted:

So all and all- I cannot use any of the 2 BSPs (meta-ti or meta-yocto-bsp), as both seem to not be “working good enough” for my (as I thought initially) basic purpose (at least on Kirkstone).

@kemo_2001 can you tell which bsp did you finally end up using?