This is Report #10. I plan to post these every Sunday. They will give a rundown of what I’ve done during the week, list any problems I had, and what I plan to do the following week. I’ll be posting the reports both to the beagle-gsoc Google Group and to my blog.
Completed this week:
- Rebased against mainline Minix
- Tested the TSL2550 (ambient light sensor) driver.
- Finished the SHT21 (relative humidity and temperature sensor) driver.
- Developed a BMP085 (pressure and temperature sensor) driver.
- Code merged into mainline Minix this week:
- tsl2550: driver for the TSL2550 light sensor
- sht21: driver for the SHT21 humidity & temp sensor
- bmp085: driver for the BMP085 temp&pressure sensor
- eepromread: add board info for BeagleBone Capes
- rc: start drivers for attached BeagleBone Capes- Modified the bonescript weatherstation demo to use JSON instead of node.js / socket.io and display pressure in hPa. Here’s a screenshot using a static JSON file.
Issues / Concerns / Challenges:
- None this week
Plan for next week:
- Develop a script to read from the sensors and output JSON.
- Integrate the weather station demo and make it trivial to setup and use.
- Write more documentation.
- How to use the Minix I2C /dev interface.
- How to develop support for additional capes.
- How to use the BeagleBone Weather Cape in Minix.