This is Report #7. I plan to post these every Sunday. They will give a rundown of what I’ve done during the week, list any problems I had, and what I plan to do the following week. I’ll be posting the reports both to the beagle-gsoc Google Group and to my blog.
Completed this week:
- Rebased against mainline Minix.
- Code merged into mainline Minix:
- tda19988: driver for the TDA19988 HDMI Transmitter- Finished the frame buffer driver enhancements. Put out a call for testers on my blog and in the Minix3 and BeagleBoard Google Groups.
- Enhanced the readclock driver to support the RTC in the AM335X.
- Developed a driver for the TPS65217 Power Management IC (PMIC) with support for safe power-off via the power button as well as
- Filmed a short demo video
- Wrote a blog post about how it works.- Implemented rebooting for the BeagleBone, BeagleBone Black, and BeagleBoard-xM.
Issues / Concerns / Challenges:
- None this week
Plan for next week:
- Submit changes for merging into mainline Minix:
- frame buffer driver enhancements.
- am335x rtc driver.
- tps65217 driver.
- other changes related to power-off.
- reboot support for am335x/dm37xx.- Begin working on a driver for the power management chip on the BeagleBoard-xM (TPS65950).