Move from BeagleBone to production-ready board

So I spent the last few weeks evaluating the capabilites of the BeagleBone. I’m very impressed with the processor and I’m ready to move to something more “professional”, and ready for general consumer use. We will design a PCB for the new module to plug into with the components required for the I/O, CAN and LCD. I found two options so far: MityARM-3359, and phyCORE-AM3359. Are there others? Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Will the image/kernel I modified on the BeagleBone work on these modules, or will I need to reconfigure everything again?

Also, what is your opinion on the robustness of the BeagleBone? I can never find any specs on operating temperature specs, shock + vibration specs, etc.

You will have to recompile all software for a one of the mentioned modules using instructions from a respective vendor. And believe me you’ll be very surprised how it differs from the sw provided by BB community!

1. Beaglebone properties.
    First you must understand is that Bone is a product for enthusiasts and therefor you should you use in conditions like at your office desk. It has only components with the working temperature 0…+70 celcius, no vibration, home humidity etc. Of course you can use it in Antarctica or Sahara but on your own risk and no warranty is provided. If you need a product which works in specified environment then you are on the right track - use SOM from a respected vendor. Not the one listed on Alibaba or somewhere else, but the one that can provide you a number of test reports for temperature, vibration or whatever you need. Its not that hard to just copy a reference design, it’s really hard to make design robust and compliant to some standards

write it as SOMs manufacturer…

Check out http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/ARM_MPU_SOM/SBC

Great. Thanks for the insight.

You will have to recompile all software for a one of the mentioned modules using instructions from a respective vendor. And believe me you'll be very surprised how it differs from the sw provided by BB community!

In a good way or bad way? Our company will be looking to possibly use the Am335x series chip after some very successful prototyping on the beaglebone.