My GSoC problem statement Re: [beagleboard] Re: GSoC-Adding Sense to Beagle

The Problem Statement

Internet has grown unbound, since its emergence.And is growing continuously. The need is to use this information in a way it become more useful and easy to access. Since not all the information can be consumed sitting in front of your computer and making queries. We need to address this problem of making an intelligent device which can present to you this information when and where it is required. The problem statements hence can be framed in following words,

Problem Statement 1
“Since a bunch of online services provides solution to day to day problems like finding directions, finding cheap goods, commuting, finding right vendors, and all that in real time, using these information, right at the point we need, i.e. in market, at workplace, on way, there is a need of a device which can take our queries to the internet,makes a request to these service and get back to us with the required result ,that too without having to write,or access computers”

Problem Statement 2

“Need an embedded intelligent device,which can tap the enormous information available on internet,present in a way that can replace a human personal assistant in a super challenging way, the device should be, intuitive, energy efficient, easy to adapt, up gradable, extend-able and can be mass produced”

Problem Statement 3
Despite of large number of internet services available to solve day to day problems, these services are not of much use for visually impaired, let there be a device that can make internet queries with voice and get back with results in sound. Devices are need which can make use of map, directions, shopping services available on internet directly accessible to visually impaired without having to use computers”

Combining all these problem statements, we require a device which can replace a personal assistant, use internet as its knowledge base and do wonderful things with the power of Beagle :slight_smile:

With reference to my earlier proposal dated apr-2-2010 I state the above. These statements are the motive behind my idea and hence require mentors for the discussion on my proposal and who could guide me unleash the power of beagle and solve the above stated problems.

waiting for great response :wink:
thanks

Dinesh, did you get replies from mentors?

cathy

Hi
no I didn’t get any replies from the mentors. i wrote mails and posted forums to contact TIesr but still there has been no reply from them.

hoping for quick response !!

thanks

Hi
no I didn’t get any replies from the mentors. i wrote mails and posted forums to contact TIesr but still there has been no reply from them.

hoping for quick response !!

thanks