Need Help with Setting Up BLE Notifications on BeagleBone Green Wireless

Hello BeagleBoard Community,

I’m currently working on a project with the BeagleBone Green Wireless and am having trouble setting up notifications from a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) server. I need to read from a specific characteristic on the server using the GATT notify protocol.

I have successfully discovered the BLE device using the Bleak library in Python, but I run into issues when trying to instantiate the BleakClient class. Here’s the code I’m using:

This code works when I run it on my computer, but it doesn’t work when I try to run it on the BeagleBone. I receive a TimeoutError when trying to connect to the BLE device.

I’ve tried using the bluepy library as an alternative, but I still run into issues when trying to connect to the device. Here’s the error I get:

“bluepy.btle.BTLEDisconnectError: Failed to connect to peripheral 08:6B:D7:41:B9:12, addr type: public”

I’ve made sure to upgrade my system and BlueZ stack to the latest versions (5.50 as of now). My Bluetooth daemon is running and I’m able to discover the device with the bluetoothctl utility.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to set up BLE notifications on the BeagleBone Green Wireless or troubleshooting advice on the issues I’m encountering. Thank you in advance for your help!