New BeagleBone Black Metal Enclosure

I’ve read topics on this board in the past and have dabbled with the BeagleBone Black and love it as a device. We decided to develop a new innovative enclosure for the BeagleBone Black and we have.

This is our launch weekend. Anyone who uses the code ZRH22XCW will get 30% off starting tomorrow morning. Check it out and let me know what you think: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VKM2I5W

This is the only enclosure that has cable management built into it. There are several mount types available: DIN rail, magnetic (comes with 3 magnets installed), thru hole.

Happy Easter,

Johnny

Tremendous, Johnny. Both lovely and useful. Very glad to see a design that works beyond basic prototyping and has real-world embedded written all over it.

Kudos to team.

Charles

Thanks Charles! I appreciate the comments.

Looks good. Plenty of room for a cape. One question though: Does the cable management get in the way of the cape? It kind of looks like the cape PCB might interfere with the inside of the cable bezel/grommet (or whatever that thing is called).

-W

One question though: Does the cable management get in the way of the cape?

This is something I was wondering about too. But at the time I did not want to come off as really negative.

One thing I was curious about though is that the text says “black” but the pictures on amazon shows green?

Plus the cost is kind of high, but made in USA which can be a plus.

One question though: Does the cable management get in the way of the cape?

This is something I was wondering about too. But at the time I did not want to come off as really negative.

Same here.

I have used the cases from Adafruit, Seeed Studios, Logic Supply, but I haven’t found one that’s robust enough AND fits a cape (I really just need 1/2" of clearance between the top of the BBB Ethernet and the cover.

If they made a version without the cable management plug/hole it would be perfect since the power/ethernet/usb connections are already machined into the case. I could drill a hole and buy a strain relief plug if I needed to run additional cables to the cape.

Plus the cost is kind of high

Yeah, I thought the same, compared to the Logic Supply metal case (although this one is much better).

A cape should not hit the cable gland. We modified the cable gland so that it is shorter and doesn’t extend over the BBB.

The cable gland can be removed if you don’t want it installed.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. We welcome questions/comments. We want the best design possible. If this isn’t it, we’ll do another one!

Have a great week,

Johnny