Noise Issues

We noticed the Beaglebone boards are sensitive to noise. They don’ work with inexpensive switching type power supplies. Also our Beaglebone board is not working next to Solar Panels that are located on-stie.

Has anyone had experience with this? If so, what have you done to fix the issues?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Use a better 5V power supply with a good rise time. Add a filter on the front of the DC input.

Gerald

Solar panels, by themselves, should not cause any issues. My guess is that a power tracker, charge controller, or inverter is creating AC noise. If you can detect or find out what frequency they are running at, you may be able to create some filters on the inputs to the beaglebone.

You don’t say whether the beaglebone is directly connected, in any way, to the solar panel system. It they are connected, you may want to optically isolate digital/analog inputs to the beaglebone.

I have powered a few BBWs with PCB DC-to-DC devices, from Murata (OKI-78SR-5/1.5-W36H-C), with no issues.

Louis

We noticed the Beaglebone boards are sensitive to noise. They don’ work with inexpensive switching type power supplies. Also our Beaglebone board is not working next to Solar Panels that are located on-stie.

Has anyone had experience with this? If so, what have you done to fix the issues?

Thanks,

Jeremy

I have powered a few BBW with a cheap DC to DC device from Murata (I have powered a few BBW with a cheap DC to DC device from Murata (#

I would get something like one of these:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TDK/ZCAT3035-1330/?qs=G1TAZZK1RgKLUAphP8wm3w%3D%3D&gclid=CKXHke2csboCFUVxQgodUXwA2Q

Put it on the power cord about 3 inches from the plug that goes to the beaglebone. That will filter out high frequency noise picked up by cord. Also, are you using a metallic or non-metallic case? A metallic case might work better.

George