Old and New ELBE and Debian on BBB or Variant!

Hello,

I am currently trying to follow this guide: https://bootlin.com/pub/conferences/2020/elce/maincent-building-embedded-debian-ubuntu-systems-elbe/maincent-building-embedded-debian-ubuntu-systems-elbe.pdf .

I run into issues, i.e. of course I am. So, I started a thread on ELBE’s github.com page online (RE: Hanging at 20% · Issue #305 · Linutronix/elbe · GitHub).

So, my questions are these:

1. Has anyone successfully built ELBE recently, i.e. 2021 mid-year?

and…

1. If so, if the build worked, are you willing to share some expertise?

Seth

P.S. I figured I would try it out and see where it takes me. If you are bothered by this idea or my questions, please say so too! I am really just trying to build more on the BBB before hopefully moving to a board like the AI.

It seems their ideas are current and relative but the actual build does take quite a bit of time but stalls at 20% while trying to finish the installation. If this is known to the BBB users, okay. If not and if I am poking around the wrong tree here, fair. Just think of me as a starving actor in Hollywood!

Have you contacted the developers of that project?

Regards,

Hello @RobertCNelson ,

Yes sir, I contacted them. Nothing yet but it has only been about two days or so.

Seth

Hello,

The libtool that needed to be found is not libtool at all. It is libtool-bin. Outside of that idea, things go pretty smoothly (to a point).

Anyway…no more on this subject for now!

Seth