Open CV and Qt cross compilation

Hi,
I need to incorporate qt and opencv into my project. I am using Beagleboard Xm running angstron linux. I am currently using a cross compiler for arm in my PC (ubuntu) to compile the C programs for the board since i encountered some dependency problems on the board…any way…i was wondering if there is any way i could also include qt and open cv into the toolchain so that i can cross compile for beagleboard. I want my final program to include opencv, qt and c programming all in the same program. Is this possible…?? if so could anyone point me on how to go ahead…any help will be awesome…
Regards,
Kiran

Hello,

It should be possible. I have a BeagleBone and to tell the truth never really had to consider speed that much so I’m compiling my projects on the device itself. Of course first I tried to set up the cross compiling environment but got stuck somewhere and moved on to direct compilation. To let you get closer to your solution I can tell you that it’s sure possible but there are a few things to do. First you have to install the libraries you need onto your Beagleboard then I suppose you also have to have these guys on your pc to have proper linking.

Hope this brings you closer to the solution.

–Bence

2013/3/12 Kiran Thomas <kiranthomas.apple@gmail.com>

Hi,
Bence…thanks for the reply. Yup I’m going about that right now.

I have installed and run a sample program on my host pc for opencv. How do I include opencv into the arm toolchain for beagleboard ( angstrom-2011.03-i686-linux-armv7a-linux-gnueabi-toolchain-qte-4.6.3.tar.bz2) so that I can cross compile a program which includes headers from qt and opencv for my beagleboard xm running angstrom? Anyone know a detailed step by step procedure to do so…??
Thanks,
Kiran