OpenCV cross compile for BeagleBoard-xm running angstrom

Hi!!
I am using OpenCV 2.0 with shared libraries on my host(ubuntu
10.04) .Whenever I cross compile(codesoursery arm2007q3) opencv
programs for beagleboard I get lot of errors .Is there any solution
for it???
how to cross compile opencv programs for beagleboard ???

There are many libraries associated with opencv. Start with the first
error and fix it then
work your way down the list of errors.
  Your other option is to build your opencv apps locally on the
beagleboard.
I dont know if Ubuntu supports it but I do know Angstrom does. Install
your
toolchain, opencv and libarires and you are set.

Not sure about the errors you are getting but try using any other cross compilers like, http://crosstool-ng.org/

Thank you,
Johnson

Can you post your build flow (tools you used, commands you entered)
and complete build logs of these errors you're seeing? The more
information you provide, the better your chances of getting help.

Regards,
Joel

Hello!,

Maybe you guys can help me. I’m trying to run a little program for BB but I have a problem when I cross-compile.

First I cross-compiled Opencv. I downloaded it from git and I configured the arm-gnueabi.toolchain.cmake file as follows:

set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION 1)
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR arm)

set(GCC_COMPILER_VERSION “4.3.2” CACHE STRING “GCC Compiler version”)

set(FLOAT_ABI_SUFFIX “”)

set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi${FLOAT_ABI_SUFFIX}-gcc-${GCC_COMPILER_VERSION})
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc)
set(ARM_LINUX_SYSROOT ${HOME}/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot CACHE PATH “ARM cross compilation system root”)

I think these are the most important lines and I saw an example in the T.I forum. I have to say that I’m using the cross-compiler from crosstool-ng.

Ok, at this point and after execute the “cmake” and then “make” commands everything goes fine and I have Opencv crosscompiled.

I’m using Eclipse to generate the executable and I know that both compiler and libraries have to be for arm architecture, so Eclipse is configurated dor it. But when I try to build the project I get the following error:

Invoking: GCC C++ Linker
/home/rugarte/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.3.2 -L"/home/rugarte/opencv/platforms/linux/build/lib" -o “prueba” ./captura.o -lopencv_core -lopencv_highgui -lopencv_imgproc
/home/rugarte/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.3.2/…/…/…/…/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/rugarte/opencv/platforms/linux/build/lib/libopencv_core.so when searching for -lopencv_core
/home/rugarte/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.3.2/…/…/…/…/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lopencv_core
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [prueba] Error 1

What I am doing wrong?? Where is the incompatibility issue?.. Libraries are for ARM because Opencv was crosscompiled first. I’m thinking about the version of the libc in the crosscompiler but I’m not sure about that.

Any suggestion will be wellcome.

Thanks in advance.