OpenGL and BBB - simple HelloTriangle example

I’m trying to get a simple example (Hello Triangle) working with BBB running Debian. I do NOT want to run the example under X11 - I want to run it from the command line. I do not want to use GLUT; I think this means it uses the framebuffer. Is this possible and does anyone have an example of how to do this please?

I have been trying to use the example below, taken directly from the Examples directory of the PowerVR SDK. When I run the compiled program, I get an error:

libEGL warning: DRI2: xcb_connect failed
Failed to initialise the EGLDisplay

Is the code trying to make a connection to X11 perhaps?

I am using the Makefile and code below.

`

At home I have a very simple program I wrote for the Beagleboard that does what you are trying to do. I think it should compile for the BBB fairly easily. When I get home later this evening I can find it and send it to you.

I’m trying to get a simple example (Hello Triangle) working with BBB running Debian. I do NOT want to run the example under X11 - I want to run it from the command line. I do not want to use GLUT; I think this means it uses the framebuffer. Is this possible and does anyone have an example of how to do this please?

I have been trying to use the example below, taken directly from the Examples directory of the PowerVR SDK. When I run the compiled program, I get an error:

Failed to initialise the EGLDisplay

Is the code trying to make a connection to X11 perhaps?

I am using the Makefile and code below.

`

David, thank you very much indeed, that would be extremely helpful!

The files are located at:
http://www.dcbcyber.com/tmp/src.tar.gz
or
http://www.dcbcyber.com/tmp/src.zip

Originally this did more than what you are asking for. I had Bullet physics doing ray casting and collision detection and OpenAL playing sounds. I also had two rooms connected by a corridor. Unfortunately I seem to have lost my media files that I created. Without drawing the meshes it should still load up and draw a cross hair in the middle of the screen. I also included a line you can uncomment that should turn the cross hair into a triangle.

I commented out the code for physics, sound, world loading, and input and movement. Feel free to play with that stuff if you feel like it.

The code is messy. I never got around to cleaning up or finishing.

If it doesn't work let me know. I will help as much as I can. I no longer have a Beagleboard. I don't have a BBB but I might get one. I do have a Pandaboard which is similar.

David.

Thanks David, that’s very kind.