'Opkg' Erros

I got my BBB conected through USB to my desktop, and my router is conect to my desktop through ethernet cable.

Does your router have another port? You need to connect your BBB to your router so that it can talk to the network. At the moment it’s only talking to your desktop via USB.

Sorry, I could be confused if the BBB can do networking over USB through your desktop. (I just ordered my BBB and previously was dinking around with a Raspi.)

No, it doesn’t. I’ve tried to conect just the ethernet cable to the BBB, and didn’t show any conection at all. Tried to ping the adafruit’s web page and nothing.

-Pablo Oyarzo.

My first post on this list, but have been following it for quite some time now. Out of my handy text file of useful BBB info I’ve been collectiing, I’ve got this: (type each line in exactly as it appears, and press the ENTER key at the end)

• /sbin/route add default gw 192.168.7.1
  • echo “nameserver 8.8.8.8” >> /etc/resolv.conf

Your BBB will now (or should) have internet access through just the USB connection.

Sorry, all I can suggest is to go to the documentation for your particular flavor of linux and figure out how to get your ethernet working.

I’m getting the same thing.

-Pablo Oyarzo