Pinmuxing for SPI, UART, and GPIO Access

ok, so we have to link port P17 pins :

33<->34
04<->03
07<->06
36<->37

thank you mat. !

Hi Jason,

Happy new year and wishing you the best among all ! Thank for having appreciated my project BeagleSDR.
Just let you know the BeagleSDR project still is evolving. Now I’d like to integrate an UHF/VHF local oscillator plus RF mixer and an audio codec chip.
What do you suggest more ?

BR

MHE

You should start a new thread.

A simplified quick start with special attention on mechanical connection would be great.

I’m not an SDR expert. I’d ask Phillip Balister.

Hello,

I am very new to this device tree concept and need some help. I want to use i2c4 and gpio5_8. I have checked the muxmode of these pins in the /sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/4a003400.pinmux/pins file and they are in the correct pinmux setting , i.e. i2c4_scl and i2c4_sda, gpio5_8 all these pins are configured in the appropriate mux mode. Still if i do i2cdetect, it does not show i2c4 . So i believe I have to enable it.

Checking several links i can understand that i have to modify some .dts file and compile it to .dtb. My doubt is:

1. How to know my board is running which .dtb file since i can see multiple .dtb files under /boot/dtbs directory.
  2. rather than editing the dts file can i write an overlay for enabling i2c4.? So as per my understanding, to enable i2c4 the overlay should be as follows (Kindly correct me if its incorrect):

/dts-v1/;
/plugin/;
/ {

fragment@0 {
target= <&i2c4>;
overlay{
status= “okay”
};
};
};

Is this sufficient?