PocketBeagle Pin Names in Bonescript

I just got a PocketBone and I tried some of the examples for BoneScript only to have it complain about the pin names in the examples (P8_13). So I tried changing the pin name to some pins like P1_34, P1_02 etc. These give a different error.

What are the correct pin names to use and how do I find them?

Rob

Jason is still working on bonescript, if you want to send him patches to help speed things up…

Bonescript, uses config-pin, which I just finished up yesterday, for now grab this image…

https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2017-09-26/stretch-iot/

Tomorrow’s snapshot will have them all listed in config-pin…

Regards,

Thanks. Glad to know I am not just crazy. I’ve dabble in embedded programming to support the hardware I design, but I am no expert especially on Linux. I’m used to RT OSes more.

Rob

Hi,

I tried the image. It did not seem to work for me. Is there some setting I am missing here?

Sai

Please define "it"...

Regards,

Oops Sorry. I am not sure if config-pin includes the pin names for PocketBeagle. I am trying to play with the GPIOs. For example: GPIO 58. I tried both bonescript and Python. It throws an exception.

Here is a code snippet:

`

GPIO.setup(“P2_4”, GPIO.OUT)

while True:
GPIO.output(“P2_4”, GPIO.HIGH)
time.sleep(0.5)
GPIO.output(“P2_4”, GPIO.LOW)
time.sleep(0.5)

`

My apologies if I am missing something obvious. While I have played with other board, I have new to Beaglebone.

Sai

Use P2_04....

config-pin -q P2_04
config-pin -l P2_04

BUT... only "config-pin" knows what to do.

Both Jason (Bonescript) and Drew (Adafruit-io) are working on their patchset's..

So with config-pin today do:

config-pin P2_04 gpio_pu ; sleep 0.5 ; config-pin P2_04 gpio_pd ; sleep 0.5

Regards,

It appears that you are using the Adafruit_BBIO Python library. I am
the maintainer, and PocketBeagle support has not been added yet.

Please open an issue requesting this feature if it is something that
interests you:
https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-beaglebone-io-python/issues

I'd also be very happy to review any pull requests.

Thanks,
Drew

Will do. Thanks.

Sai