PocketScroller pin out

I have a PocketScroller on my Pocket Beagle. In the past I’ve had no trouble running fpp on it.

Now I want to drive it directly from by own PRU code[1]. The code worked fine when I hand wired the P10 panel to my Pocket Beagle, but I don’t know how things are attached internally so the
code doesn’t work.

Is there a schematic I could reference?

Thanks…

–Mark

[1] https://github.com/MarkAYoder/PRUCookbook/blob/master/docs/05blocks/code/rgb1.c

The newer pocketscrollers are use a slightly different pinout than the originals. The OE line was moved to a pin that could use the PWM hardware in hopes of updating the PRU code to use that, but I never got around to doing that.

If you are using one of the newer PocketScrollers with the OLED header/buttons, then you can SSH into the FPP instance and look in /home/fpp/media/tmp/panels and there is a JSON file that describes the pins the various outputs use. If using the older PocketScroller without the eeprom, you would look in /opt/fpp/capes/pb/panels/PocketScroller.json.

Dan

Dan:
Thanks for the help. It turns out the panel was plugged into connector J6, rather than J1. Once I figure that out things made much more sense.

–Mark

The other things I learned is don’t leave PRU 1 running while trying to debug PRU 0.