Power Issue

Hello Everybody,

Yesterday I opened my BeagleBoneBlack (rev C) and started working with it

Today while I was trying accessing it trough SSH I got and error and then I realized all the leds were off.

Everytime I plug it back to the 5v adapter de PWR LED flash once and the BeagleBone doesn’t boot

I’ve been doing some research and I’ve found this link that describes my problem.

elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack

Is there any other test that I should do?

Thanks in advance

PS: I tried to flash a Debian image again, but it just didn’t boot from the SD.

No testing needed. Request and RMA.

http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#RMA_Support

Gerald

Gerald,

I actually have one of the boards that when issuing “shutdown now -r”. About 1 time in 3, the board will not power back up - Well, not properly anyway. ethernet will continue blinking, power LED is on, but the USR LEDs do not do their normal thing. Trying to ssh in, is futile.

This same board, when using “reboot” has not shown these same symptoms, and this is probably a software problem as I’ve noticed that it has been getting worst over time. For instance, this would only happen maybe 1 in 20 reboots a year or more ago.

The board is an A5A . . . and yeah not going to RMA it, but I would not mind testing . . .

The one needling RMA is the flashing power LED. The issue you describe does sounds like a SW issue of sorts, but is not one I have heard of that often.

Gerald

I’d be interested in fixing it, and sharing the info, but I do not know where to start . . .

It may be something is not getting reset until power goes down. Try making
sure all power rails are down before powering up again.
Gerald

gerald@beagleboard.org
http://beagleboard.org/

William:

Assuming you are running Debian 8.x

Try “shutdown -P now”

— Graham

William:

Assuming you are running Debian 8.x

Try “shutdown -P now”

— Graham

Graham,

That might be ok if I wanted to halt the system, But what about when I want to reboot ? shutdown now -h has never had a problem in either case. For me at any rate.