I have a problem with one of my three Beaglebone Blacks
after all running successfully for a month one has failed with the following symptoms after plugging a formatted uSD card in;
- Removed uSD card!, plugging the same card into another BBB didn’t cause it to fail.
- Power LED is on but no User LED’s
- No response to Serial connection with debug cable (debug cable checked on another BBB)
- Will not boot from uSD or eMMC
- holding down the power button causes the unit to turn off for a second then restart.
- VDD_3V3B is present
- SYS_5V is present
- VDD_5V is present
- If power is plugged in the LED immediately turns on
- Will not flash firmware using an image that works on the other BBB
Setup is as follows on all three units;
Debian 7.4 2014-04-23 release running on the eMMC
No capes connected during tests
Powered by 5V power supplies connected to the barrel-jack (max of 510mA being drawn, but supply capable of providing up to 3A) less that 1mV ripple on load
Hopefully I haven’t forgotten anything!
I realize that it is probably borked, but i doubt an RMA will be possible as I have soldered a header for battery power to TP5-8 to both.
Best Wishes to all,