Power LED only and no response to debug connection

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with one of my three Beaglebone Blacks

after all running successfully for a month one has failed with the following symptoms after plugging a formatted uSD card in;

• Removed uSD card!, plugging the same card into another BBB didn’t cause it to fail.
  • Power LED is on but no User LED’s
  • No response to Serial connection with debug cable (debug cable checked on another BBB)
  • Will not boot from uSD or eMMC
  • holding down the power button causes the unit to turn off for a second then restart.
  • VDD_3V3B is present
  • SYS_5V is present
  • VDD_5V is present
  • If power is plugged in the LED immediately turns on
  • Will not flash firmware using an image that works on the other BBB

Setup is as follows on all three units;
Debian 7.4 2014-04-23 release running on the eMMC
No capes connected during tests