Problem when I try bitbake cloud9-gnome-image

I am trying recreate the latest image (Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-GNOME-eglibc-ipk-v2012.05-beaglebone-2012.05.09.img.xz) from sources as I would like to implement a custom cape that I have made.

" MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel" completes with out error

. ./environment-angstromv2012.05

when I try " bitbake cloud9-gnome-image "
At some point my Virtual Box with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS aborts. After a few times starting the VM again I came to this point without crashing.

DEBUG: SITE files [‘endian-little’, ‘bit-32’, ‘arm-common’, ‘common-linux’, ‘common-glibc’, ‘arm-linux’, ‘arm-linux-gnueabi’, ‘common’]
ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see /setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_05-eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libusb1-1.0.8-r4/temp/log.do_compile.9643 for further information)
NOTE: make -j1
make: *** No targets. Stop.
ERROR: oe_runmake failed

looking in /setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_05-eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libusb1-1.0.8-r4/libusb1-1.0.8
I see many files that have 0 size including the Makefile (guessing this is why I am getting the error).

1. How is the best way to recover the files, if this is the problem?

2. How to avoid the crash.

or is there a better way to make a kernel.

Thanks,
David

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake -c clean libusb1

Thanks Koen,

The line below does in fact remove the files
MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake -c clean libusb1

Then I try:
bitbake cloud9-gnome-image
it has halted my VirtualBox several times as I repeat this process.

I have tried to look for logs or something the might lead me to the problem, any suggestions!

David

I can’t run the “MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake systemd-image”. An error occurred while processing.
ramon@debian3:~/Damarc/beaglebone/setup-scripts$ MACHINE=beaglebone bitbake systemd-image
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bitbake/bin/bitbake”, line 34, in

Looks like you didn't follow the instructions and apt-get installed bitbake, don't do that.

I didn’t apt-get install, I downloaded bitbake and installed it doing make and make install prefix /usr/local/bitbake. After thar I added the path: export PATH… when I type bit+tab, the bitbake will appear on the command line??? I’m confussed.

I didn't apt-get install, I downloaded bitbake and installed it doing make and make install prefix /usr/local/bitbake.

So you didn't follow the instructions at http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom . Seriously, follow those before going off doing crazy things.

I follow the instructions and when I executed the command line:

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel

ERROR: Unable to parse /home/ramon/Damarc/beaglebone/setup-scripts/sources/meta-smartphone/meta-htc/conf/layer.conf: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/ramon/Damarc/beaglebone/setup-scripts/sources/meta-smartphone/meta-htc/conf/layer.conf’

2012/5/21 Koen Kooi <koen@beagleboard.org>

Thanks Koen, I follow the instructions after reinstall debia in my computer and it works perfectly. I build the kernel for the beaglebone, but I have questions:
Where is the compiled file (or files)?
Are these files wich I have to copy in the SD?
Could I edit these files to change the setup of the kernel to my beaglebone?
Thanks in advance!

2012/5/21 Ramon Benavent <ramon.benavent@gmail.com>

Ok, I find the information about the compiled files.
I have this files in my pc:
-uImage-3.2-r11l+gitr720e07b4c1f687b61b147b31c698cb6816d72f01-beaglebone-20120522141217.bin
-modules-3.2.16-r11l+gitr720e07b4c1f687b61b147b31c698cb6816d72f01-beaglebone.tgz
-config-3.2-r11l+gitr720e07b4c1f687b61b147b31c698cb6816d72f01-beaglebone.config
and these images can now be copied to the SD-CARD??
I don’t have any *.img.xz, *.img.gz or rootfs.tar.bz2
I’m confused.
THANKS!!