Problem with "bitbake opencv"

Hi All,

When I try to “bitbake opencv” I end-up with error shown below. I tried to update my openembedded and run it after Koen reply to my e-mail, but the issue is same. Now, I freshly checkout the dev branch of openembedded and trying to build opencv and waiting for the result.

CMake Error: The source directory “/media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/opencv-2.1.0+svnr3058-r0/opencv/-Wno-dev” does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
ERROR: Function do_configure failed

I checked most of the files and found following at line 660 in the file run.do_configure.25835 “OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/opencv-2.1.0+svnr3058-r0/temp”.

cmake
${OECMAKE_SITEFILE}
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_SO_NO_EXE=0
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/opencv-2.1.0+svnr3058-r0/toolchain.cmake
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1
${EXTRA_OECMAKE}
-Wno-dev

Hi All,

When I try to "bitbake opencv" I end-up with error shown below. I tried to update my openembedded and run it after Koen reply to my e-mail, but the issue is same. Now, I freshly checkout the dev branch of openembedded and trying to build opencv and waiting for the result.

Could you please recheck that, since your checkout is missing this: openembedded - Classic OpenEmbedded Development Tree that went in about 12 hours ago..

CMake Error: The source directory "/media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/opencv-2.1.0+svnr3058-r0/opencv/-Wno-dev" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
ERROR: Function do_configure failed

Could you check which cmake is getting called? I suspect it's using the one installed on your host (which most likely isn't 2.6.4) instead of the one OE built and cmake is know to subtly change behaviour :frowning:

regards,

Koen

Hi Koen,

Thanks for the remainder, I updated my checkout and it has your recent commit on opencv. Even after update I am having same problem.

The “toolchain.cmake” file at “OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/opencv-2.1.0+svnr3058-r0” contains following, and seems like pointing to the correct path.

set( CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux )
set( CMAKE_C_COMPILER arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc )
set( CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ )
set( CMAKE_C_FLAGS “-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -I/media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/opencv-2.1.0+svnr3058-r0/opencv/include -isystem/media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include” CACHE STRING “OpenEmbedded CFLAGS” )
set( CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS “-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -I/media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/opencv-2.1.0+svnr3058-r0/opencv/include -isystem/media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include -fpermissive” CACHE STRING “OpenEmbedded CXXFLAGS” )
set( CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE “-fexpensive-optimizations -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -ggdb3 -DNDEBUG” CACHE STRING “CFLAGS for release” )
set( CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE “-fexpensive-optimizations -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -ggdb3 -DNDEBUG” CACHE STRING “CXXFLAGS for release” )
set( CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH /media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi /media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/sysroots/i686-linux /media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/cross/armv7a )
set( CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM ONLY )
set( CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY )
set( CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY )
set( CMAKE_MODULE_PATH /media/disk/OE/build/tmp-angstrom_2008_1/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/ )

Hi Koen,

Rebuilding opencv after fresh checkout also gave me error at the end. I am able to move beyond the previous error but no success. Could you please suggest something. The log can be found at http://pastebin.com/fCzZHb11 .

Hi,

Pramod and I solved this on IRC, it turned out to be a missing dependency on bzip2, fixed in OE: http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=45000bb54a19aa1d70fea4b91469eaf8eb1cb2d1

regards,

Koen