Problem with libsystemd-journal.so.0 [missing]

root@beaglebone:/usr/lib# systemctl
systemctl: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-journal.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
root@beaglebone:/usr/lib# reboot
reboot: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-journal.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Recently I have been attempting to get bluetooth working and so I did an opkg bluez-dev tools, which gave me the ability to write bluetooth code in C and compile using the -lbluetooth flag for the shared library.

Then I noticed that hciconfig suddenly returning nothing and things like hciconfig reset return errors about not finding devices. I thought this was odd, but then I encountered and even odder situation denoted by the copied output above. Apparently my libsystemd-jounral.so.0 file is now missing. I am not sure what Angstrom package is using that. Any help resolving this issue would be great. Thanks!

~Matt

Attempting to install systemd… hopefully this will fix the issue, not sure if it will help with hciconfig issue though.

On reboot running systemd put the Beaglebone into a complete hang/no-boot situation. Re-imaged and reinstalled the bluez-dev and things are working fine now.