problem with ttyO2

Hello Guys

I am trying to boot Linux 3.6 on Beagleboard xM. I have built my linux version using buildroot tool.

I am using these arguments in the u-boot:
bootargs= ttyO2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait

I am using an SD card of 4GB, where 1st partition contains: MLO, uboot.bin and uImage, and the 2nd partition contains the rootfs

when I boot the beagle, it boots until it reaches the point: waiting for /dev/mmcblk0p2 and stops here. I made sure that the driver for MMC card is added to the kernel, but no solution.

I tried then to add the rootfs inside the uImage, so it does not need to get the rootfs from the mmcblk0p2, but then i got another error: cannot open ttyO2

can anyone help me in that.

Thanks in advance

Did you write it like this: setenv bootargs ‘console=ttyO2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait’

Regards,
Vojislav

субота, 01. децембар 2012. 01.57.01 UTC+1, Hasan Kazan је написао/ла:

Hello

yes I did it like that.

Hi,

I think your rootfs doesn’t have mdev/udev utility installed. mdev/udev utility automatically creates the device nodes. Just try the rootfs at
http://blog.galemin.com/2012/03/buildroot-2012-02-for-beagleboard-xm-with-li-5m03-mt9p031-camera-support/

Regards,
Pradeep

IN fact this was the problem. I do not see the ttyO2 in my list in the /dev directory