Problems running pru with librobotcontrol 1.0.5

Hi, I am trying to get librobotcontrol to work with my beagleboneblue.
I recently installed a fresh ubuntu 18.04 image onto my sd/tf card. I also installed the latest version of librobotcontrol using “sudo apt-get install librobotcontrol” and now have rc_version 1.0.5.

ubuntu@beaglebone:~$ rc_version

However, when I run anything involving the pru I get this error below,

ubuntu@beaglebone:~$ sudo rc_test_encoders_pru
ERROR in rc_pru_stop opening remoteproc driver: No such file or directory
PRU probably not enabled in device tree
ERROR in rc_encoder_pru_init, failed to start PRU0
ERROR: failed to run rc_encoder_pru_init

This is my image and drivers listed below,

ubuntu@beaglebone:~$ rc_test_drivers

Kernel: 4.19.94-ti-r36 Ubuntu Console Image 2020-03-12
Debian: buster/sid

PASSED: gpio 0
PASSED: gpio 1
PASSED: gpio 2
PASSED: gpio 3
PASSED: pwm0
PASSED: pwm1
PASSED: pwm2
PASSED: eqep0
PASSED: eqep1
PASSED: eqep2
ERROR:  pru-rproc driver not loaded
PASSED: uart1
PASSED: uart2
PASSED: uart4
PASSED: uart5
PASSED: i2c1
PASSED: i2c2

Currently running on a:
Robot Control library Version:

Did I need to run some code or do something else when installing the librobotcontrol library to activate the pru drivers in a fresh install of an ubuntu image?

I also wanted to see if installing an older version of the library, for example, version 1.0.4 or 1.0.3 would be a solution. However, I am not sure how to install it without sudo apt-get, because cloning from the repository doesn’t give an install file.

Thank you for responding and I hope we can figure out a solution. : D

Update: I just used the ros image from john hopkins university which was running

beagle@beaglebone:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic

which is running librobotcontrol version 1.0.4
which has a working pru

despite this, I had pru issues with both debian 10.3 latest releases emmc flasher and the sd-card images as well as the fresh ubuntu image above with librobotcontrol 1.0.5. I’m not sure if this was just an issue on my end or there might be a problem with 1.0.5.

I will probably stick with this image of ubuntu until a new ubuntu 20.04+ drops on the beaglebone linux page.

I’m not sure if this problem can be considered solved or not, but at least on my end I have a working librobotcontrol using version 1.0.4 with ubuntu