Problems to install library libpruio

I add the lines:
deb Index of /debian jessie/
deb-src Index of /debian jessie/
and grep the keyring.
After update package i get this:

Reading package lists… Done
E: Release file for http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster-updates/InRelease is not valid yet (invalid for another 18h 24min 7s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.
E: Release file for http://deb.debian.org/debian-security/dists/buster/updates/I nRelease is not valid yet (invalid for another 9h 52min 7s). Updates for this re pository will not be applied.
W: GPG error: Index of /debian jessie/ Release: Detached signature f ile ‘/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/beagle.tuks.nl_debian_jessie_Release.gpg’ is in unsupported binary format
E: The repository ‘Index of /debian jessie/ Release’ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disa bled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration deta ils.
E: Release file for http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian/dists/buster/InRelease is not valid yet (invalid for another 13h 39min 45s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.

How can I fix this problem?

sync your clock… The time on your board is a little behind…

Regards,

I synchronized clock, but the error still remains.

W: GPG error: Index of /debian jessie/ Release: Detached signature file ‘/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/beagle.tuks.nl_debian_jessie_Release.gpg’ is in unsupported binary format
E: The repository ‘Index of /debian jessie/ Release’ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

That’s different, i thought that developer updated his directions about adding a trusted option? @DTJF what was the change we figured out again?

Regards,

I didn’t change anything. It seems that the new Debian tools are using a different binary format.

From my point of view - sharing my solution - it’s not my task, neither to provide a package nor maintain updates for each new kernel release. That’s the task of the package provider.

Anyway, possible solutions are

1. ask the package provider to get the library main-stream, or
  2. downgrade to Jessie, or
  3. build from source, or
  4. wget the package and install by dpkg -i (for details search the forum)

Regards

hi @DTJF i can’t find the github issue, but we talk about, changing the “sources.list” docs…

to something like:

deb [trusted=yes] http://beagle.tuks.nl/debian jessie/
deb-src [trusted=yes] http://beagle.tuks.nl/debian jessie/

in the instructions…

Edit 2… there is a way to put the key in the [trusted= syntax] but i haven’t tried that yet…

Regards,

I’m not sure if the trusted option skips all *.gpg checks.

Why talking about work-arounds? What about my first solution proposal?

Regards

It worked, thanks. But after compiling code (gcc -Wall -o pruss_toggle pruss_toggle.c -lpruio) and start the program (sudo ./pruss_toggle`) i got this:

initialisation failed (failed opening prussdrv library)
destructor warning: constructor failed

@DTJF Do you know how to fix it?

The CTOR failed opening the PRU interupt → the uio_pruss driver isn’t installed properly. Check if rproc is disabled in uEnv.txt, the driver uio_pruss is loaded (lsmod) and if all the files /dev/uio[0-7] are present.

Find details at
https://users.freebasic-portal.de/tjf/Projekte/libpruio/doc/html/_cha_preparation.html#sSecPruDriver

Regards

BTW:
When using the LKM for pinmuxing, you need no sudo. You can execute all example binaries from user space.

@DTJF Unfortunately, it doesn’t help me.

After these instructions, when I i use ./pruss_toggle i get :
P8_11 configuration failed (pinmux missing)

but when i use sudo ./pruss_toggle i get:
initialisation failed (parsing kernel claims)

I find this (libpruio: Messages):

• "pinmux missing": The program requires pinmuxing, but there is no pinmux configuration on your system. → Load the kernel module and execute with administrator privileges.

• "parsing kernel claims": The constructor failed to scan for kernel pinmux claims. This is not an error, but a warning. It occurs when you loaded the kernel module for pinmuxing on kernel 3.8, and libpruio cannot read in directory /sys/kernel/debug. Anyway, your program will run unless it tries to change a pin configuration. (Like on a no-pinmux configuration. In contrast, when an universal overlay is loaded, you won’t see this message. The constructor auto-switches the overlay pinmuxing method.) → Either execute the program with sudo, or enable the free pinmux feature (= calling constructor PruIo::PruIo(PRUIO_ACT_FREMUX OR …) ).

i don’t know what i should do next to make the code finally work.

Your app fails at different states, depending on the privileges. Your app requires pinmuxing, but you didn’t install any solution.

Your code is already finally working. It gets the best of the system you provide. You said

but you didn’t explain what you did to make this happen. First explain what you have so far:

• What’s the output of uname -a?
  • Is there a /sys/kernel/debug folder?
  • Which package[s] did you download?
  • Which/how did you install (dpkg -l | grep uio)?
  • Do you have the LKM running (or do you prefer an other pinmuxing method)?
  • Do you have the pruio system group?
  • Are you member of this group?

In order to get good answers, try to give good descriptions first.

Regards

@DTJF , when said “It worked, thanks”, I mean the problem with “E: The repository ‘Index of /debian jessie/ Release’ is not signed.” was solved. I’m sorry for misleading you.

• What’s the output of uname -a?
    Linux beaglebone 4.19.94-ti-r42 [#1buster] SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 31 19:38:29 UTC 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

• Is there a /sys/kernel/debug folder?
    Yes

• Which package[s] did you download?
    All (libpruio-dev libpruio-lkm libpruio-doc and etc)

• Which/how did you install (dpkg -l | grep uio)?
    I used these commands:
    lsmod | grep uio
    ls -l /dev/uio*

• Do you have the LKM running (or do you prefer an other pinmuxing method)?
    I dont have LKM and pimmxing(i don’t know how to install pixmmxing)

“Your app requires pinmuxing, but you didn’t install any solution.”
How can i install pinmuxing?

Sounds good: here I’m running at Linux beaglebone 4.19.142-bone56 #1buster PREEMPT Sat Sep 19 01:58:33 UTC 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux. AFAIK the ti flavor doesn’t support the uio_driver. Switch to the bone flavor:

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/update_kernel.sh --bone-kernel --lts-4_19

Commands starting by ls are list commands, they don’t install anything. What is the output of

dpkg -l | grep uio
lsmod | grep uio
ls -l /dev/uio*