Processing (dev' language) on BBB

Hi All

First post after getting a shiny new BBB and 4D touch screen cape in the post. I bought the combo based on how much faster it performs than the Pi I am used to developing on. Now it’s arrived it appears that my dev’ language of choice (Processing) doesn’t run on it. I’m hoping there’s someone out there that has a list of instructions as to how to get Processing installed and running.

If Processing really is a no-go, what other language that does work on BBB would you suggest for fast 2D GUI creation and serial comms? Here’s what I’m working on…

[YouTube Link]

… as you can see it’s an interactive touch screen interface that works nicely (but slowly) on the Pi. I’m really hoping the faster BBB and bigger screen will work with it!

Hmm… thinking out loud… Maybe if I install the JDK on the BBB and I compile the Processing code on another machine, just transferring the executable over to the BBB?..

Many thanks

Rich

Hi All

First post after getting a shiny new BBB and 4D touch screen cape in the post. I bought the combo based on how much faster it performs than the Pi I am used to developing on. Now it’s arrived it appears that my dev’ language of choice (Processing) doesn’t run on it. I’m hoping there’s someone out there that has a list of instructions as to how to get Processing installed and running.

If Processing really is a no-go, what other language that does work on BBB would you suggest for fast 2D GUI creation and serial comms? Here’s what I’m working on…

If you only want this to develop a GUI, then why not use QT? Using BBB with LXQT will make your life a lot easier.

Regards,
John

Thanks John

I need to be able to:

1. Create an interactive display like shown in the video link above
  2. Send serial data to a waiting arduino

So I need a full dev platform.

Has nobody got Processing working? I’ve posted over at processing.org and had no reply.

Cheers

Rich