Qt 5.3.1 on BBB

Hi,

I have debian running with kernel 3.13.11-bone12 (I installed the image with 3.8 kernel, built the SGX kernel 3.13 and installed the new kernel).

I can run /opt/gfxsdkdemos/ogles2/OGLES2ChameleonMan, so I am assuming SGX drivers, opengl es2 drivers are installed and working fine.

I built Qt 5.3.1 with the above mentioned image mounted on Ubuntu host machine with following configure options.

configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -opengl es2 -no-largefile -prefix /usr/local/qt5.3.1 -xplatform Linux-linaro-gnueabihf-g++ -device Linux-beaglebone-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/linaro/bin/arm-Linux-gnueabihf- -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -sysroot /media/rootfs_ -no-sse2 -no-sse3 -no-ssse3 -no-sse4.1 -no-sse4.2 -no-avx -no-avx2 -no-pch -qt-pcre -optimized-qmake

then I ran ‘make’ and ‘make install’. Then I manually copied mkspecs directory from host to SDcard.

I booted BBB SDcard and I am trying to run an example. But I am facing this error.

./usr/local/qt5.3.1/examples/opengl/hellogl_es2/hellogl_es2

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “eglfs”.

Available platform plugins are: directfbegl, directfb, linuxfb, minimal, offscreen, xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted.

I don’t see any “eglfs” in /usr/local/qt5.3.1/plugins/platforms/
running examples with “-platform” with any plugin mentioned in error message results in different error messages.
Can anyone please point me to what went wrong. Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ashwin

Hi,

I have debian running with kernel 3.13.11-bone12 (I installed the image with 3.8 kernel, built the SGX kernel 3.13 and installed the new kernel).

I can run /opt/gfxsdkdemos/ogles2/OGLES2ChameleonMan, so I am assuming SGX drivers, opengl es2 drivers are installed and working fine.

I built Qt 5.3.1 with the above mentioned image mounted on Ubuntu host machine with following configure options.

configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -opengl es2 -no-largefile -prefix /usr/local/qt5.3.1 -xplatform Linux-linaro-gnueabihf-g++ -device Linux-beaglebone-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/linaro/bin/arm-Linux-gnueabihf- -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -sysroot /media/rootfs_ -no-sse2 -no-sse3 -no-ssse3 -no-sse4.1 -no-sse4.2 -no-avx -no-avx2 -no-pch -qt-pcre -optimized-qmake

then I ran ‘make’ and ‘make install’. Then I manually copied mkspecs directory from host to SDcard.

I booted BBB SDcard and I am trying to run an example. But I am facing this error.

./usr/local/qt5.3.1/examples/opengl/hellogl_es2/hellogl_es2

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “eglfs”.

Available platform plugins are: directfbegl, directfb, linuxfb, minimal, offscreen, xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted.

I don’t see any “eglfs” in /usr/local/qt5.3.1/plugins/platforms/
running examples with “-platform” with any plugin mentioned in error message results in different error messages.
Can anyone please point me to what went wrong. Any information would be very helpful.

I haven’t worked on this for a while, but from my notes, when I built QT5.1.1, I did the following:

TI SGX patches: https://github.com/prabindh/qt-configs.git
Apply patches from qt5_1.0_Aug13, qt5_1_1_Sept13, ti_eglfs and webgl_5.1.1

BBB #>./configure –prefix /home//targetNFS/usr/local/qt5 –release –make libs –platform linux-arm-gnueabi-ti-g++ -opengl es2 -confirm–license –opensource –ice -no–xcb -no–pcb –make examples –verbose –I /home//targetNFS/usr/include/OGLES2 –L /home//targetNFS/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf

You could also search beagleboard google groups and search for "QT5.1.1 running on BeagleBoneBlack” for all the details.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the response. I see you have mentioned /usr/include/OGLES2 in rootfs partition of SDcard. But that directory is not present in my SDcard.
Also, I see you have mentioned -sysroot option while running ‘configure’. Where will the Qt be installed ?

Thanks,
Ashwin

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the response. I see you have mentioned /usr/include/OGLES2 in rootfs partition of SDcard. But that directory is not present in my SDcard.
Also, I see you have mentioned -sysroot option while running ‘configure’. Where will the Qt be installed ?

You will need to determine where /include/OGLES2 is installed. I wrote this before Robert Nelson included SGX into his kernel build, so it is possible this is installed somewhere else. Looking at my BBB rootfs, QT was installed in /usr/bin/qt5.1.1 and under /usr/include, I see both OGLES and OGLES2 folders.

Regards,
John