Qt rocks on BBB

I’m an long term Qt fan enthousiast, Qt developers nevers stop to surprise me.

For the last news, Qt support not only Android in place of Java but PI and BBB for boot now !:

for more rock & roll, get here

David

I’m an long term Qt fan enthousiast, Qt developers nevers stop to surprise me.

For the last news, Qt support not only Android in place of Java but PI and BBB for boot now !:

Website says BBB “Embedded Linux Coming latter”, but does support BeagleBoard-xM.

I’ve found the blog you are referencing from :

http://blog.qt.digia.com/

Well the main thing to mention is that after 30 days trial, you have to buy the license. Which I know the price to already had bought it last year. But after all
this on purpose for DIgia to get business.

Besides notes: this is based on Yocto poky and works on Raspberry PI, and i.MX6 (private joke : which I left to come to the BBB )

any references for prices? Last time I contacted Trolltech they wanted to sell at least 3000 licenses while my production needs were for about 100pcs. Do the things change for Digia?

I've found the blog you are referencing from :

http://blog.qt.digia.com/

Well the main thing to mention is that after 30 days trial, you have to buy the license. Which I know the price to already had bought it last year. But after all
this on purpose for DIgia to get business.

Besides notes: this is based on Yocto poky and works on Raspberry PI, and i.MX6 (private joke : which I left to come to the BBB )

Which did you leave - i.MX6 or Yocto? and why?

Maxim,
Well Digia representative would give current prices according to your needs.Nevertheless, from my needs a single source license was 2200 €.

David

• I left Raspberry because despite of their 1.75 millions sold they are far to be openHardware and Opensource, the connector is poor (I have the Piface and it doesn’t help, Gertboard neither ) TS display capabilities are null.

• the iMx.53 QSB has a amazing processor, this board is really complete ( as the BBB capabilities plus SATA on the board, JTAG) I easily got Yocto working on it -Yocto port doesn’t let the BBB boot - but the prices are really differents between the both : I need a TS Display and the only proposed is around $180. So I (sadly) left this board

Maybe you can try www.cubox-i.com

Thanks you for this pointer, this box is great but I don’t see that it supports Touchscreens does it ?