RE: apt update && apt upgrade

Hello,

Are other people here getting elongated periods b/t the cmd and update times? I noticed this issue yesterday for the first time so far.

If it is an issue from the server, albeit. Is there any method or cmds I can make to notify the person who is in charge of the server for updates?

Seth

P.S. If not, no issue. I just thought people should know the outcome of apt update and apt upgrade. Both are taking a while to fully execute.

Hello Once More,

This is the site that is taking a bit of time. RCN, if you are out there and are aware of this issue, no problem.

repos.rcn-ee.com

Seth

P.S. Please give some sort of update or I will just stay patient.

Hello,

I guess boot time was fastened to a quicker amount of time w/ the debian repos taking longer to update and upgrade. I guess?

Seth

P.S. I do not need help on this idea, I think.

Or maybe your internet provider sucks..

The repo is running on linode based in Dallas Texas..

Regards,

Hello,

Maybe so.

Seth

Hello Sir,

Set here. This is the site that seems to be giving me trouble: prod.debian.map.fastly.net.

Seth

P.S. Is that yours or another Debian repo to install from? I guess it does not matter either way. I just wanted to find out in case it was based on my side.

That's debian's "fast" mirror network based on "your" location..

Regards,

Sir,

Are you using ipv6 already?

Seth

P.S. You are most likely right if this is what you use and what my current provider does not set up automatically.

Hello for the Last Time on This Feed,

Seth here. I reset my router. It looks like it was faulty equipment and not on your end of the spectrum.

Seth

P.S. Things are working and update and upgrade w/ apt work as expected.