RE: [beagleboard] Basic Bluetooth Setup on BeagleBone?

Try “bluez4-dev”

I thought I tried that but apparently not; however, there are errors associated with running this command:

Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for bluez4-dev:
  • udev (= 182-r0) *
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package bluez4-dev.

Trying to install udev or libudev also yields similar conflicts. I am a bit nervous about removing and reinstalling… but I guess I’ll try that next!

Yeah, I don’t blame you L

What you need is the development package, which will include headers, source etc.

It has been a while since I installed Bluez, but try searching for something like “bluez*”

There is always good old Google, that’s how I found it originally

Appreciate the input, attempting to use various options force options also didn’t get the job done!

Weird !

I use the Angstrom distribution, and I didn’t have any trouble.

On the other hand it may have something to do with the latest distro.

I use my own, basic setup as a standard and build from there.

I ended up reverting back to older image of the Beaglebone Angstrom build because I kept getting conflicts, which I am assuming are the result of doing a opkg upgrade earlier. I still received conflicts, but I was able to actually run opkg bluez4-dev --force-depend and now I can compile the header files. I am on to a new issue now regarding the linking of the -lbluetooth library not being found. I am looking into this but I’ll investigate a few cycles into this before posting a new thread. Thanks for the help!